The International Start-Ups Meeting Tunis 2013 will be organized on May 18 and 19 at:
UTICA headquarters (Union Tunisienne de l’Industrie, du Commerce et de l’Artisanat)
rue Ferjani Bel Haj Ammar – n° 4, Cité El Khadra, 1003 – TUNIS
The speakers are:
- M. Fadhel ABDELKEFI, Chairman of the Board, Bourse des Valeurs de Tunisie
- M. Saïd AIDI, ancien Ministre de la Formation Professionnelle et de l’Emploi
- M. Zouhair BEN LARBI, Chief Operating Officer, Carrières Pro
- Mme Ouided BOUCHAMAOUI, Présidente de l’UTICA
- M. Amine CHOUAIEB, CEO, CHIFCO
- M. Arnould DE LA BOULAYE, Senior Advisor for startup and business angel (France)
- M. Jean DU LAC, senior advisor for startup; CEO of Dulac & Co (France, UK), President of the INSEAD Africa Club, INSEAD Alumni Association France
- Mme Tasnim GAZBAR, Managing Director, VIA Competences
- M. Aziz MEBAREK, Founding Partner, TUNINVEST – AFRICINVEST
- M. Maher KALLEL, Président de Carthage Business Angels
- M. Moktar MNAKRI, Chairman et CEO de Tunisie Télécom
- M. Dhafer SGHIRI, Regional Export Manager, SUNAR Group
- M. Sami SMAOUI, Managing Director, HP Tunisia and Lybia
We are pleased to confirm the participation of Mr Arnould de La Boulaye as a speaker and a jury member for ISUM Tunis.
Arnould de la Boulaye has assisted more than 50 startup in industry and services as a business angel. He is a graduate of ESSEC Business School 1966 and a pre-PhD in International Economics from Paris University.
Arnould has been AIESEC France NCP, co-organizer of the first AI Seminar on “Education for International business,” AI Advisory Councillor and ISM, AAI board member, and now is working on behalf of AI and AAI to launch an AAI Foundation.
Arnould has also held management position for 10 years in corporate finance (Honeywell, Eaton Corp., Grace Corp.) and then served for 12 years as VP Finance of a leading European catering group.
We are pleased to confirm the participation of Mr Jean Du Lac, CEO of Dulac & Co, an investment advisory firm and also the President of the INSEAD Africa Club at INSEAD Alumni Association France.
Mr Du Lac is the Past President of the INSEAD Alumni Association France.
GoodMorningCreativity has been nominated as the International Startup award winner at ISUM 2011.
In essence, what worked for your company in the past will not necessarily work in the future. Innovative companies improve constantly their way of doing business, because they know they should “Evolve or Disappear”.
Today more than ever, the growth and prosperity of the company depends largely on its ability to generate a regular stream of new ideas, which can rapidly be turned into profitable innovation. This demands a change in mindset, introduction of imagination in the management practices and engagement of the entire organization in the constant creative adventure.
GoodMorningCreativity is an international team of passionate people who inspire SME leaders and corporate executives to INNOVATE DIFFERENTLY !
Their approach combines creativity, leadership and organizational development in order to boost innovation capabilities. They start with discovering creative talents in your teams and developing their potential. They facilitate and organize various creative projects enabling your employees to innovate. They challenge traditional way of thinking and design processes that foster imagination. Finally, they transform corporate culture to make creativity the engine of your sustainable growth.
Yes, their approach is changing the rules of the game!
Congratulations to Ms Petronela Eviakova from Slovakia and Mr Karim Zainuddin from Madagascar who have demonstrated great progress since launching their startup.
This is why they deserve the International Start-Up Award of year 2011.
Thank you to all delegates and speakers for participating to the first International Start-Ups Meeting held in Paris.
You will find thereafter the link to the photos of the event: http://www.flickr.com/photos/isum2011/
Your feedback is important to us. Please share your views and your recommendations for future meetings.
The conference video report will be prepared in the next two weeks and you can order your own copy online on the following link:
Tunisia is getting prepared for the next meeting in May 2013; the Tunis OC team met this Sunday 16 of October for a first working session. The Paris OC team will provide advice and will support the second edition of the International Start-Ups Meeting.
Again many thanks to all participants; we will keep in touch on this blog about the actual results of your start-ups together with our speakers support and continuing advice; let us know about your progress so that to inform the blog readers!
And let us continue to share the great spirit of international understanding and entrepreneurship!
Kind regards, the OC team.
ISUM 2011 is on Capital Finance – Les Echos.
Follow the link:
for more information about the number one newsletter for investors and start-ups in France.
best regards, the OC team.
Welcome in Paris to the start-ups enthusiasts from more than 20 countries joining us tomorrow at the French Senate for the Opening Session of the first edition of the International Start-Ups Meeting with:
– Mr Luca Torosani, Vice President of the Organizing Committee; a graduate from Bocconi Italy; soon joining PWC in Mexico;
– Mr Olivier Giscard d’Estaing, Founder of INSEAD and President of the INSEAD Foundation;
– Mr Massimo Michaud, former President of AIESEC Italy, Entrepreneur and former CEO of ALLIANZ Insurance in Italy;
– Mrs Gail Margolies Reid, CPA from the USA, and author of the guide of low-cost start-ups;
– Mr Ali Mnif, Entrepreneur and CEO of MAZAM from Tunisia, a graduate of IHEC Tunis – Carthage;
– Mr Christian Cochard, President of the Organizing Committee and Senior Advisor in acquisitions, consolidation and financial reporting.
We are very pleased and honored to announce that Mr Olivier Giscard d’Estaing will chair the official Opening Dinner at the French Senate on October 14.
Mr Olivier Giscard d’Estaing is the President of the INSEAD Foundation, the Founding Director of INSEAD and the Former President of the Board of Advisors of AIESEC INTERNATIONAL.
Mr Olivier Giscard d’Estaing is also the Chairman of the Committee for a World Parliament.
He has served as a member of the French Parliament (from 1968 to 1973), vice-chairman of the European Movement (from 1978 to 1992), and a member of the Conseil Économique et Social de France (from 1994 to 1999). He is also chair of the Business Association for the World Social Summit.
Co-founder of the Caux Round Table, Mr Giscard d’Estaing is the author of six books and widely published in journals, such as the Revue Politique Parlementaire and the Revue des Deux Mondes. He frequently lectures on business policy in Europe, the United States, Japan and the Middle East, and has taught business policy at various business schools.
We are very pleased to announce that we have received confirmation by participants from 25 countries as of today!
77 participants are registered.
We have arranged for more room for the Dining cocktail at the French Senate.
Do not miss the opportunity to attend this first edition of the International Start-Ups Meeting.
Our advice: REGISTER NOW, especially for the Saturday and Sunday sessions!
Registration will be closed as soon as the target number of participants is reached.
With kind regards,
The OC team.